Mewar University is an autonomous body set up by the Government of Rajasthan through Act. No. 4 of 2009 passed by the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Government of Rajasthan). The University is recognized by the UGC u/s 2(f) of UGC Act with powers to confer degrees u/s 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956 vide their letter no. F.9-15/2009(CPP-I) dated 30th March, 2009. This is the only private and self-financed University in Rajasthan which is also approved by the UGC u/s 12B of the UGC Act vide their letter No. F.9-15/2009 (CPP-I/PU) dated 15th October, 2018. The University is also NAAC accredited.
- Jaipur to University – 304 K.M.
- Kota to University – 178 K.M.
- Udiapur to University – 125 K.M.
- Bhilwara to University – 38 K.M.
- Chittorgarh to University – 18 K.M.